Verdicts and Settlements for Personal Injury Cases
WE FIGHT FOR THE INJURED
- $17,250,000.00 – Settlement reached on behalf of claimants who were underpaid benefits owed on their cancer policies.
- $6,884,769.00* – Verdict for a class of patients against a regional ambulance company for illegally billing patients with health insurance more than the contracted rate allowed by the patients’ health insurance policy.
- $6,000,000.00 – Injunctive relief for a class of victims for reduction in future premiums for cancer policyholders.
- $5,000,000.00 – Hoffoss Devall discovered that the hospital was refusing to accept folks health insurance and forcing them to pay the full bill instead. The hospital was forced to pay back all of the monies they had illegally taken plus a portion of the costs and attorney fee.
- $3,000,000.00 – Hoffoss Devall discovered that the hospital was refusing to accept folks health insurance and forcing them to pay the full bill instead. The hospital was forced to pay back all of the monies they had illegally taken plus a portion of the costs and attorney fee.
- $2,000,000.00 – Settlement for a woman who suffered a brain injury when her vehicle was hit from the side by a company truck.
- $1,625,000.00* – Settlement for a class of patients against a regional hospital for illegally billing patients with health insurance more than the contracted rate allowed by the patients’ health insurance policy.
- $1,596,163.00* – Jury Verdict for a young man who injured his lower back in a one-vehicle car crash when he struck an unmarked dirt barrier erected in the middle of the road by the Parish.
- $1,300,000.00 – Settlement for a welder/pipefitter who injured his lower back in a car crash when he was struck in the rear by an oil company truck. The young man was had undergone a double level lower back surgery and was unable to return to his prior occupation.
- $1,073,000.00 – Judgment for Jones Act Seamen for unpaid wages of the crewmembers. The ship was seized by Hoffoss Devall and sold at public auction to pay the crew.
- $1,000,000.00 – Settlement for a pile driver who sustained a mild traumatic brain injury when he was struck in the head when the crane operator released a piling too early. The client suffered chronic depression and anxiety and was unable to return to his regular job.
- $800,000.00 – Settlement reached for a pipe casing worker who sustained a lower leg fracture when a forklift driver dropped a 5,000 lb pipe on to his leg. The client was able to continue working, but suffered from chronic leg swelling and venous disease.
- $750,000.00 – Settlement for an older woman who injured her lower back when she was struck in the rear by a police cruiser.
- $700,000.00 – HD client had sustained neck and elbow injuries when she was rear-ended by a company truck. No surgery was necessary and she never stopped working. Before the jury trial, the client was willing to accept $175,000. The insurance company refused to be fair. After HD tried the case, the insurance company paid 4 times that much.
- $600,000.00 – Settlement for a self-employed worker who was struck in the side of his truck by an 18 wheeler performing an illegal turn. Neck surgery was performed, but he never stopped working and had no future earnings loss.
- $350,000.00 – Defendant driver only had a $15,000 insurance policy. Client had herniated disc in his back and underwent spine surgery. Insurance company only offered $6,000.00. One year later, the insurance company paid $350,000.00 because they unnecessarily exposed their own insured to personal liability when they refused to be fair to our client.
*Amount does not include judicial interest