Donald McKnight, a native of Rayville, Louisiana, has been practicing law in Lake Charles for over 35 years. After graduating from LSU law school, he worked as a law clerk for the 14th Judicial District Court, and then transitioned to practicing at a firm.
Don has worked in both a solo practice and a conglomerate, honing his skills as a sharp negotiator, litigator, and researcher. In fact, he has concentrated much of his practice on research, writing, and handling motions and appeals. He is not one to back down in the face of a challenging case; he has won a multitude of tough cases, many against well-known defendants, including health care systems, insurance companies, and giant distributors like Wal-Mart. Currently, Don heads Hoffoss Devall’s Appellate and Research Practice.
Don serves clients in various types of claims and litigation.
Don and his wife, LaDonna, are also very involved in the community, especially the South Lake Charles Little League.
- Louisiana State University Law Center – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Louisiana University at Monroe – Monroe, Louisiana
- Louisiana, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, Member, 1980 – 2014
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member, 2012 – 2014